- Browse Items
- Boston: Then and Now
- Back Bay 2
- Back Bay 3
- Back Bay 4
- Back Bay 5
- Beacon Hill
- Chestnut Hill
- Downtown Boston
- East Boston
- Financial District
- Government Center
- Jamaica Plain
- Mission Hill
- North End
- South Boston
- South End
- Tremont Street
- West End
Slider of the Isabella Gardner Museum by Sjaak Velthoven.
Chris McAllister: Looking from Huntington Avenue at Smith Street and Wigglesworth Street. Original was taken in 1980-1995.
James Houston: On the slider below is a photograph taken in 1958 of a gas station on Huntington Avenue, near Wigglesworth and Smith streets. Beside it is a photo from 2017.
Christian Giuliano: This is a picture of the Mission Church, located on Tremont Street in Mission Hill. This picture was taken in April of 1978 and shows the change over time through the cars, and appearances of the church and street.
Christian Giuliano: This is a picture of the Boston Latin School on Louis Pasteur Street in Boston. This picture was taken sometime in between the years 1920 and 1960. It shows what the school and street was like back then versus what it looks like now.
Joe DeBartolomeo: Slider looking from Huntington ave. towards Smith st. on Mission Hill. The slider shows what the area changed to from 1986 to the present.
Joe DeBartolomeo: Slider looking at Brigham Circle T Station from Huntington ave. on Mission Hill. The slider shows what the area changed to from 1987 to the present.
Marc Natichioni: The below slider shows the Tobin Community Center during an undated time period. The Tobin Community Center is located at 1478 Tremont Street located in the Mission Hill neighborhood.
Marc Natichioni: The below slider shows the Boston Skyline during the time period of 1964 to 1973. The slider showcases the Prudential Building taken from Fort Hill.
Marcus Bernier: This slider depicts the Ira Allen School somtime between 1920-1960 on the left and the building as it stands in 2017. There are some noticeable changes such as an addition to the back of the buiding and the removal of the iron fence where the Annex building now stands.