This is a statue of Admiral Farragut. Farragut was a flag officer of the United States Navy in the American Civil War. The original photo was not dated but the recreated photo was taken in Feb. 2019. As we can see in this slider, there wasn't a lot of changes that happened to this statue besides minimal weather damage.
This photo is from the street view looking at 514-520 East Broadway in South Boston. The first photo was taken by Boston Landmarks Commission in 1971 and the recreated photo was taken in 2019. As you can see in this slider there was no major changes on this house over the years. 514-520 East Broadway is still a multi family home and was built in 1910.
This slider shows the changes that occurred at the Broadway T-stop in South Boston. This Stop used to consist of above-ground trolleys running through the street center. The initial photo was taken by the Boston redevelopment authority, as they planned the logistics of the future south Boston tunnel, the tunnel we still use on the red line today. The new Broadway T-stop entrance can be seen on the left corner of the new building, where it leads below ground. The building at the time was an older wood-framed structure housing numerous stores and industries. Today this building has been replaced with a 6-story mixed-used complex consisting mostly of housing, and a few storefronts on the ground level. This change occurred because of Bostons housing shortage, especially housing with such proximity to public transportation.
Austin Lum: This slider displays the changes of South Station from the duration of 1921 to October 2018. In 1921, South Station had train tracks in which allowed trains to move from various locations in Boston. In the year of 2018, it can be seen that South Station no longer has a train track in front of the building. Despite this one change, the overall structure of the building remained mostly the same but with only a few minor changes.
This is Linden St., a small side street on Telegraph Hill in Dorchester Hights, South Boston. Telegraph Hill was home to the old South Boston High School, but it is perhaps most famous for the "Fortification of Dorchester Heights" by George Washington during the Revolutionary War.
This is the Curley Community Center, on the L St. Beach in South Boston. The community center was founded as a public bathhouse by James Curley, a former mayor of Boston, Governor of Massachusetts, and US senator. The original photograph is not dated, but the building was built in 1931.
This is St. Augustine's Burying Ground, the cemetery of the first Roman Catholic Church in Massachusetts. The chapel was founded by French priests in the early 19th century, decades before the arrival of the Irish and the resulting fear of Catholics. Later, the clergy and much of the parish of St. Augustine's would be Irish-American.
Angela Peikert: The James Collins Mansion was built in 1867. It was home to the Collin's family until 1942, and has had multiple owners since then. In 2012, the mansion was sold to 27 Eaton Street LLC. In August 2013, the house still physically appeared as it did in 1867. Between 2013 and now, the house has been remodeled with two new additions on either side of the house.
Angela Peikert: Based upon the cars, it is believed that the original photo was taken in the 1970s. Despite the new buildings and roads, the clock has been preserved. Today, it is still an accurate, functioning clock.
This slider shows Amrheins having the same place and look sixty years later. Outlasting the building it was connected to.
Xenon Simene: Shown below is a picture of the Reserved Channel located in South Boston. The buildings depicted in the historical photo, taken on September 1966, was the Boston Army Base which was up and running from 1920 to 1974. Currently it is the Black Falcon Terminal which serves as a docking station for major cruise liners. Despite the change of business, the buildings and channel itself seem to have minor changes. The only obvious major change is the enormous cruise ship blocking the buildings.